Do I Need a Permit for Landscape Services in Harris County, Texas?

Are you planning to do some landscaping work in Harris County, Texas? If so, it's important to understand the regulations and permits that may be required. Milton Rahman, P. E., is the expert to consult when it comes to determining whether a permit is needed for landscape services in this area. The ratio of the natural elevation of the terrain (adjacent lowest slope) to the base elevation of the flood will determine if development can be allowed as if it were in an area of special flood danger (100-year floodplain).

If the LAG is equal to or greater than the BFE, then the application should be processed as if the house were not in the 100-year-old floodplain. If the LAG is lower than the BFE, then the application should be processed as if the house were on a 100-year floodplain. The City of Katy requires that permits be obtained from the building department BEFORE any work begins. Permits are necessary for all new construction, remodeling, roofing, installing air conditioning and heating systems, electricity, plumbing, swimming pools (underground and elevated), hot tubs, storage buildings, garages and workshops, sidewalks, driveways, patios, lawn irrigation systems, water heaters, adding or removing walls, demolishing structures, removals and mobile homes. Harris County has established minimum standards for communities that drain into it. These standards include downstream easements, fire lane checklists, requests for abandonment of floodplain easements and clarifications of floodplain easements.

The Harris County Health Department has a Floodplain Regulation Reference Sheet that outlines all regulations related to this topic. The Harris County Appraisal District and Fire Marshal Office also have resources available. The Harris County Engineering Department offers a Small Watershed Restriction Calculator for Harris County, TX. This calculator can help determine if a property is located in an area of special flood danger. Darrell Hahn, P.

E., is the Manager of Harris County Watershed Protection and Danielle Cioce, MS., PMP., is the Harris County Engineering Department's contact person at 1111 Fannin Street 11th Floor Houston Texas 77002. If your property is outside of any special flood hazard area, Harris County will need a complete residential application, an accurate site plan and a full affidavit. The LOMR for the West Little York Bridge over Bear Creek Petition Determination of Acquired Rights can also help with this process. It's essential to understand all regulations related to landscape services in Harris County before beginning any work. Consulting with an expert like Milton Rahman can help ensure that all permits are obtained and all regulations are followed.